Wednesday

Fake Life


Happy Halloween

We’ve all been through a phase of not really bothering, right? 
Tell me it’s not just me.
My latest phase came to me towards the end of a tedious relationship; a relationship that was leading me down a dangerous road of not-good-enough. Ridiculous, huh? Don’t believe any shit a man uses to undermine you and get yourself the hell out of there.

I spent a few months lacking in the self
 I didn’t care about my fitness, my social life, my hobbies, my job and definitely not my appearance.
When the relationship came to a welcome end, I realised how lethargic, boring and unmotivated I’d become and promised that never ever would I let myself go again, regardless of the status or comfort of my relationship.

I don’t know about you, but I just don’t feel good when I don’t care for myself, on the outside just as much as the inside. I’ve questioned whether this makes me shallow, but quite honestly, when I spend my days in old sweats with my hair scraped back and an un-cleansed face, I feel awful. It’s hard to look in the mirror and think “oh my, you sexy thing” when your hair hasn’t been brushed and you’re struggling to remember the last time you worked out. 
I don’t feel as if the state of my appearance is a great addition to my overall happiness, but I undoubtedly feel better when it makes a contribution.
I have to admit, however, it is time consuming, isn’t it? All of this looking good palavah. To keep your hair in good condition, to keep those pearly whites white, to resist an entire pack of Kit-Kats in order to maintain your, what I call, ‘happy weight’...

It’s nice to let ourselves make a little extra effort; not only for special occasions and certainly not for the benefit of others. Just for ourselves. And just because.
Take some time out for yourself today, hot stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never Let Go

Happiness in our life is to live our life without living up to people's expectations. Be there for a friend whenever, wherever and whate...